Choosing a 102 degree day was probably not the best idea -but it worked out well and the melting was fast!
Here's the finished project -
I decided to try something a bit different than just melting the crayons. I wanted to incorporate text into the design so I cut out letters in duct tape and stuck them onto the canvas. My thought is that I would melt the crayons over and around the tape and then pull it off when the wax was hardened.
I picked out the crayons I wanted and hot glued them in place.
Then out to the back deck with the blow dryer (in 102 degree sun) and let the melting begin. I really wasn't sure how the wax would react. I figured it would drip down as I turned the canvas. I was surprised by the splattering the happened. Luckily I put a piece of brown paper down as I melted, but it didn't all stay there...could be a bit of color on the deck and even possibly the house (oops).
After the wax was hard, I peeled the tape letters off. I was expecting the caves to be white under the tape but some of the color must have seeped under. I liked the look, however the word was a bit hard to read so I went over the edge of the letters with a black sharpie.
Molly gives her sniff of approval!
If you want some other melted crayon ideas - visit my Pinterest board "Crayon Projects"