Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lemon Poppy Seed Yumminess!

Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins with lemon glaze
It has been awhile since I used my cupcake pans...just haven't been baking much lately. So it was time! Chuck seemed quite pleased when I mentioned thinking about making lemon poppy seed muffins today while we were at the store - he quickly added, "with the lemon glaze!"  The recipe I normally would have used for this would have been my sister-in-law's recipe in a wonderful family cookbook she gave us one year. Unfortunately that calls for a box mix and pudding that are not gluten-free. =(  But I went on the hunt for a from-scratch recipe that I could adjust to make it GF as well as a bit less of the unhealthy sugar that Chuck and I try to avoid when we bake things.

I have not yet tasted one...too full after the best ever sesame chicken...but he has had at least two and declare them to be great. So Success!!

The final adjusted recipe can be found on the following page of this blog - Gluten-Free Cupcake & Muffin Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment