Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Time for another Photo-a-Day Challenge - Instagram style!

I have been loving my iPhone so much since we made the switch this spring. There are so many things I love about this phone. I don't know why I call it a phone - I use it for making calls only about 10% of the time - the other 90% of the time all the other wonderful apps are utilized. It's been a lifesaver to help me figure out if something is safe for me to eat when buying groceries or finding a restaurant. There are so many great apps - I feel inclined to share the ones I like and how I use them.

I'm going to start with my hands-down favorite app - Instagram. Since the first minutes of getting the iPhone my favorite thing is to take photos and use one of the many apps that help transform each photo into a work of art. I have to admit that I continue to find new photo apps each week to try. The iPhone makes it so easy to share photos to facebook and Twitter. Instagram makes it even easier. Along with being able to instantly apply some really cool filters to the photo this app uploads it to the Instagram feed where it can be seen by everyone. You can simply upload it to Instagram alone or choose to have it also appear in your Twitter feed and facebook wall. You can find facebook and Twitter friends to add your Instagram feed. You can "like" or comment on photos in the feed. Looking at the Instagram feed you get a pictorial glimpse of where people are and what's going on around the world. Love it!!

So since there usually isn't a day that goes by that I'm not taking a photo - I thought it was time again for a "Photo-a-Day" challenge. This time the photos will be taken or edited using Instagram. I'm not going to put a time limit on this one. Perhaps I will shoot for the whole year...perhaps just the summer. Some days I will only post the photo and nothing more. Other days I may use the photo to reflect on the day's events.

So...Here's the first photo....

Chuck and I have been trying our best to purchase and eat foods that are good for us. We picked up this yummy looking pineapple today. I just love the look of fruit - the perfect subject for art...Mother Nature's work of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment