Wednesday, January 5, 2011

41



Today I celebrate 41 trips around the sun.

It's been a pretty good day. No problems with any classes, students were well behaved (an unusual thing at my school), and birthday treats in the lounge always make the day better. After work I was greeted by my wonderful husband who had made me cupcakes. The cupcakes were decorated with an artist pallet and paintbrush. I love the fact that he worked most of the day on making these for me...makes me feel very special. He is quite handy in the kitchen. He seems to enjoy cooking and baking but doesn't usually decorate the sweets beyond spreading some frosting on or shaving some chocolate to top a pie. So the fact that he took the time to make something special for me just gives me another reason why I'm the luckiest wife in the world! My birthday present was a new red Keurig coffee maker and a bunch of coffees to go in it. We then had a nice dinner at Red Lobster -mmmm...Cheddar Bay biscuits!

As we age we tend to have a bit more aches and pains, tend to pull this or that, tend to feel exhausted on a Friday night, or tend to not be able to shop as long as we used to. (That last one really bothers me)
Even with all this quirks of aging - I don't mind it as much as I thought I might.
I agree with the saying that you are as young you feel - and I don't feel 41...however I don't feel 21 either.

Time to go have a cupcake!

1 comment: