Friday, December 3, 2010

Day 3 of my Picture-A-Day Challenge



First Snowfall of the Season

I was working away in my classroom after school and glanced out the window. Huge snowflakes were falling and the cars were already covered in a thin blanket of white. My first thought was "Oh - it's so pretty!" That thought however changed quickly to "UGH!" I usually stay and work at least another 30-45 minutes longer, but decided I should pack up and head home. The first snowfall always seems to take everyone by surprise. For some reason people forget how to drive in the white stuff. This would be the first time I would be traveling from this particular school in snowy or icy weather and I wasn't familiar with the usual conditions of those roads. So...I packed up my bags and headed out into the wintery scene.

It was a bit of an interesting drive home. It seems the salt trucks were not listening at all to this forecasted snow. The roads were slick and cars were sliding all over the place. I didn't have much trouble except getting up a hill were two different wrecks were slowing traffic to a halt at times - making it hard to get traction up the hill. Took me only about an extra 20 minutes to get home - safe and sound!

Now...I'm in for the night. That's the best thing to do during such weather - snuggle up on the couch with a cup of coffee.

1 comment: